Monday 6 January 2014

Topkids

Does anyone remember Topkids magazines?

They were an Aussie publication (similar to Burda or Ottobre) for kids and usually had 30 or more patterns per issue.

I had a lot of these magazines when my three older kids were small and made a lot of their clothes from them. Once they grew (and before I had ds#4) I thought I would no longer need them and gave most of them away, very foolish I know. Somewhere I have a few of my favourites stored away but at the moment their exact location is unknown.

Yesterday I was trawling through ebay looking for something else and low and behold I came across a listing for some issues that I never had. $20 later and three magazines are heading in my direction from the other side of the country.

Youngest son is 8 this week and is still in the "I love what you make me" phase so I can't wait to get my hands on these and see what possibilities they hold.

Hopefully they will not only have basic patterns but if I could find something a little unusual as well that would be great. Sometimes the big 4 patterns for boys are just a tad boring!



No comments:

Post a Comment