Friday 10 January 2014

Just do it ...

I have finally decided that I am going to dust off the sewing machine and join in the SWAP on Stitchers Guild. At this point in time I am aiming for at least one finished 3 piece set and will see where it goes from there, hopefully I will get them all done but if not that'll be ok.

I will be sewing for EJ however I am not deciding now which patterns I will use right now. I have the Topkids magazines and some basic patterns but don't have the fabrics yet (some of them are ordered and on their way) so a final decision will depend on what they feel like when they get here.

The fabrics I intend to use will be mainly drills and cottons as they are the most practical for an 8yo boy. I may do a lightweight linen (or similar) shirt but will need to find suitable fabric.

Keeping fingers crossed I can get this done as it might give me enough confidence to try a swap for myself next time round.

Update: I have taken over the dining table and have made a start. I have cut out the patterns I need for a shirt, a t-shirt and shorts although they will need some adjustments before I begin cutting the fabric as EJ needs a L for his height but only a S-M for his width.

I am stopping now however as the pain in my shoulders is making it impossible to do any more today. It has become apparent that I will need to break down the tasks into manageable chunks or the auto-immune disease will get the better of me and I don't want that to happen.

So that's all for today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment