Friday 30 May 2014

Bowing Out

I was going to participate in the Artisans Square Summer 6 pack but I have decided to bow out. Although it runs from May to July I know I can not possibly get patterns fitted and made in that time. If I had tnt's it would be different, but starting from scratch? Not going to happen especially when time is limited and June sees the end of semester madness of trying to get all course requirements, assessment pieces and assignments completed for Uni.

I do a lot of running around after the kids, am studying for my degree and have an auto-immune disease that means sometimes clothes need to be easy to get on and off. I don't at this point need work clothes or formal attire. I pretty much live in knit tops and denim crop pants or jeans, very casual, I rarely wear skirts or dresses. Cardi's and jackets are not something I need many of it is already the last week of Autumn here and we've had 28c all week. It gets cool in winter but most of the time a long sleeve shirt with a camisole or tank underneath is enough. I may need one or two warmer items but I already have them in my wardrobe.

I like to have tops that are comfortable but well made and different to what everyone else has so I think this will be my focus for now. I am starting with the hot patterns blouse back tee and I can see myself making a couple of these. Once I get this top done I will go through my pattern stash and see what grabs me most. I would also like a well fitting button front shirt so that is on the to do list at some point and I would also like to make the Style Arc Yoga pant and the Fay pant perhaps. I just won't get there during the next few months but I will get there eventually.

One step at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment