Thursday 10 July 2014

Vivienne's Starting From Scratch

For anyone not following along 'Vivienne' has been busy posting about how to create a wardrobe from scratch. You can see her blog here ... http://theviviennefiles.blogspot.com.au/, While it is impossible to create the 'ideal' wardrobe for everyone, this plan gives you good bones to start with. Some of the pieces are a little too formal for my lifestyle and others I don't need or wear but it is easy to swap out the suggested pieces for items that do suit and the same goes for colour, style etc.

Clothes are not something I buy very often, especially for myself, and being a full time mum (doing school runs, shopping and housework) as well as a part time uni student my clothing needs are simple. That said I do like to feel presentable and think it is important to feel comfortable and appropriately dressed for the occasion and for your age as well.

I took the opportunity to buy a few pieces on sale online this week through a local department store and managed to buy these pieces for just over $115 Aud. Not included in the price are the shoes and necklace (which I already have) and the handbag which I have not yet bought. The jacket was a steal @ $24 and the other pieces were even less. I do love a sale!

This is what I have so far, black as my first neutral with the obligatory white shirts and blue as my first contrast. They are in no way investment pieces, they are things that I expect I will get a few seasons from and are an inexpensive way of finding out how well this type of plan/wardrobe works for me.

 
This is a good start for a wardrobe plan and with the addition of another contrast colour or two later on it will offer many combinations and possibilities. I am yet  to 'shop my wardrobe' and while I know it needs a good sort and toss I am sure there will be more things that will go with these as well. At this point I have not followed the plan step by step but have purchased a few items that will fit within the steps once I am done.

I also hope to add a necklace, bracelet, earrings and possibly a bag or two so I will be keeping my eyes open for another sale. So far I am undecided as to whether I will add a scarf or not, they are not something I usually wear but I am keeping an open mind.

This is the first time I have planned purchases in this way and expect it will be the way I shop for clothes for years to come ...

EDIT: I have just added two bags I purchased online this morning at 70% off retail. I wasn't really intending to get them now but I would have been silly not to.





No comments:

Post a Comment