Sunday 13 April 2014

Patterns for boys

I often think how lucky the Mums of little girls are having a multitude of different patterns to choose from. That feeling is not something the mothers of boys get to experience, even finding the most basic of patterns for a boy can be a task.

I had been looking for a pattern to make youngest son a jacket or hoodie to go with his SWAP clothes but I wasn't having a lot of luck. Most were intended to be fully lined or padded and with our climate that was a bit of overkill. Rather than buy one of those I wanted one intended for a single layer of fabric so I didn't have to re-think instructions. I eventually found this Burda pattern from sewing patterns dot com and decided it would do. It is nothing fancy but it is a hoodie and it has long sleeve or sleeveless options.

I opted for the download in order to get the pattern straight away and have printed it out but that is as far as I have got. There are quite a few pages and I will need the lounge room to myself so I can lay out the pattern, tape it all together and trace off the pattern pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment