Tuesday 25 March 2014

Simplicity 2318

A simple long sleeve t-shirt was made today from this pattern, nothing flash just plain black and long sleeve.

I did not attach the pocket as the fabric was a light weight interlock and I did not think it would support it very well. I also did not make the yoke pieces from a contrasting colour (as suggested on the pattern) as I wanted a simple black shirt for him to wear with lots of other things and choosing one colour for the yoke would limit those options.

The pattern itself is straight forward and very easy to make but when sewing with black thread on black fabric on a day when it is raining with very little daylight it is a bit of a challenge.

Anyway, that is the first shirt is done and that makes 3 items (2 pairs of shirts and one shirt) completed towards my goal of 11.

I might just get there ...






No comments:

Post a Comment