Monday 14 December 2009

Will I or won't I?

This is a mad time of year for everyone, is it not?

With the boys on summer school holidays there is so much to do and, with Christmas approaching at lightening speed and me still trying to tame the spring cleaning, there are simply not enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do, never mind the stuff I want to do. So why I am I wondering if I have time to get some sewing done amongst all the madness?

On the Sewing Guild there is always something happening and at the moment there are three tempting options to ponder. There is the Wardrobe in a Week (which is actually one week prep and one week sewing) to complete 4 garments, the Winter sew along (or Summer for those of us down under) with a 6 garment goal, or the more challenging SWAP (Sewing with a plan, 11 garments to be made). Any of these choices would add some much needed variation into my currently lacking wardrobe and each has it's pro's and cons, but I am not sure I can complete any of them.

I haven't had time to sort through my patterns or fabrics to see what I might like to make with what I have available, and for now I am still pondering, but I am leaning towards the WIAW. I have done this once before and know I can do it, so that might be my jumping off point and if I can manage it then it could morph it into the Summer Six Pack. I don't have any TNT's yet so I am pretty sure the SWAP is beyond me atm, but I'll get there.

Time will tell ...

No comments:

Post a Comment