Monday 31 August 2009

I made it!

I thought it would be fun to have a go at the WIAW on Stitchers Guild but little did I know what obstacles were going to be placed in my way. We had an interstate visitor, 4 sick kids, family and friends dropping by, a birthday to celebrate (mine) and all the other things life throws at you.

Regardless of these hiccups and trying to manage a house and four kids, I still completed my 4 garments in a week. OK so these patterns were not in any way difficult, in fact these are probably the easiest patterns available, but I now have an additional skirt and three tops in my wardrobe.

I used Vogue 8435 for the skirt (minus the front overlay due to lack of fabric) and Simplicity 3768 and 2898 for the tops. The blue floral top seems a bit long to me but I am not going to decide if it needs changing or not until after I have worn it.

It has been quite some time since I made anything for myself and although I am not exactly thrilled with what I have made I know my skills can only get better the more I sew.

So what's next? Perhaps the Six Piece Autumn Sew Along, although it will be Spring here so Spring/Summer garments will be more appropriate. Mmm what do I need?

Happy Sewing ...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on sewing something for yourself!! And such nice things! I hope you get a lot of wear out of these garments, as that is the biggest motivation factor for more sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tops and skirt. I think you have chosen a particularly lovely combination of colours there.

    ReplyDelete