Monday 12 October 2015

It's arrived, well ...

I ordered 9 pieces of fabric from Darn Cheap on the 2nd of October (as per earlier post) and some of it arrived this morning; the two bottom weights, the grey knit and the grey/white patterned woven.

The grey knit is the softest knit I have ever felt, it is wonderful, and will be perfect for a loose fit summer top or tank. It feels so good I went back to the site to see if they had other colours in the same fabric but they only have a pink-salmon colour which I don't think would suite me, shame.

The plain black is a linen blend and looks like it will work well for a skirt or cropped pants, which was the intention when I ordered it. It will be interesting to see if it softens at all on washing or whether it will remain a little crisp.

The gray/white patterned fabric is a bit silkier than I expected but it will still be good for a loose flowy shirt or kaftan for Spring or Summer. I am not sure if this might shrink so I am a bit undecided about whether I should pre-wash it or not.

The dark denim is a lot heavier than I expected and is more of a winter weight fabric so that will be added to the stash for sewing next year, perhaps.

I am assuming the remaining knit fabrics are in another package and hopefully they will arrived tomorrow so I can start planning what to do with them, I am eager to get some sewing done but then again Artisans Square's SWIG rules have not been posted yet (usually happens first week of November or thereabouts) so I may hold off making any plans until I decide if I will be Swap-ing or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment