Tuesday 23 June 2009

Patterns everywhere

Ok they're not really everywhere but they are all over the table. I have only managed to trace off one complete pattern today and I have cut it out roughly. I am aiming to get finished with the patterns asap so I can return them to the library. I can add the seam allowances and hems and make any pattern adjustments later on.

I have scanned the instructions for the patterns I want and the line drawings as well so I have an idea what the end product should look like. All that's left to do now is the rest of the tracing. I have reduced the list to 10 patterns but I don't think I will have enough polytrace to do them all, so it looks like a trip to Spotlight is in order. It will be hard not to divert my attention to the fabrics while I'm there but I will try!

I am hoping to get this jacket made first, as it's something I am lacking in my wardrobe. I don't know what fabric I want to use as yet but it will have to be something that will go with jeans as that is pretty much all I have in my wardrobe for winter.

What fabric would you use for a winter jacket?

No comments:

Post a Comment