Saturday 20 June 2009

Discoveries

Well things are coming along nicely in my attempt to re-aquaint myself with the world of sewing.

I have uncovered a forgotten stash of fabrics that were residing in various boxes in the garage. Of course it will not be enough and I must start adding to it as soon as possible! I have looked through the Kinitwit patterns I found the other day and, although some are way out of date, the straight skirt patterns and basic t-shirts will be useful.

I have subscribed to Australian Stitches Sewing magazine. I used to read it years ago and might have some copies somewhere, but I haven't found them yet. While I was grocery shopping I picked up last months issue from the newsagents, with two back issues for a grand sum of $9,95, so I have plently to read until the first issue from my subscription arrives.

I have also discovered that the library has a collection of Burda magazines and plenty of other sewing publications, all of which can be reserved & collected once they're in. I did buy issue 3/2009 this week but knowing they are available from the library is brilliant and will save me heaps of money, which of course can be put towards more fabric.

Now if there were only a few more hours in the day we'd really be getting somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment