Wednesday 2 September 2009

Today

Today I went out with the intention of only picking up the 5/2009 issue of Burda magazine from the library (which I did) but while I was out I decided on a side trip. I stopped at Spotlight on the way home, which actually entailed a 15 minute detour.

I managed to get two patterns I'd been wanting, Kwik Sew 3618 and Simplicity 3786, some thread and a few other notions I needed, and some poplin to make up the trench for the Autumn (Summer) Sew Along.

The Simplicity patterns were on sale for $7.50 each with another 10% off for being a VIP. I ddin't know they were on sale and only had two numbers with me but I might go back for a couple more I have my eyes on before the sale ends. I also discovered they have a special on McCalls, buy one get one to equal value for free, so I might look and see if there are any of those I want too.

Gotta love a bargain, and speaking of bargains ....

On the way out of Spotlight I saw a VIP special on floor rugs, and they just happened to have one the right size, colours and pattern to suit our loungeroom. I wasn't really looking for one, even though we've lived here 14 years and I always thought a rug would be nice, but when they were on special marked down from $129 to $49 I couldn't resist.

I think I better stay home tomorrow, going out the front door usually costs me money!

No comments:

Post a Comment