Sunday 4 November 2012

SWAP 2012/13

Over at The Stitchers Guild Forum the rules for the 2012/2013 Swap (sewing with a plan) competition have been announced.
 
In light of the devastation tropical storm Sandy caused to the east coast of the USA the requirements for this year have been somewhat simplified. There are no special techniques required, there is no need to use a particular skill or a particular pattern. It is ok to do what you like as long as it fits into these basic guidelines ...

"Each collection is either 3 tops and two bottoms, or 2 tops, 1 bottom, and 1 dress, which all form a cohesive group. The 11th garment should be a jacket or other piece that coordinates with both collections, both in style and colour."
 
I am almost considering having a crack at it, not for the competition side as I know I don't have a chance against such accomplished sewists, but for the simple idea of completing two basic clothing capsules that will extend my wearable wardrobe.
 
Time is always at a premium and my machines and all my sewing paraphenalia are currently packed away so I don't know if I will actually get this done, but the planning could be fun. Either way I know I will enjoy following along to see what everyone else is doing and how their plans unfold ...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment